Personal Mission Statement
In the class I am currently in we are reading the book “7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey”. Â Â Habit 2 is “Begin with the End in mind”. Â It started with a vividÂ visualizationÂ of your own funeral, and how people would view you and what they would sayÂ aboutÂ you.
As the chapter continues, it asks you to write your own mission statement, kind of like a list of core values that you live by. Â This is what I have compiled.
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
- Respect elders, and the wisdom they can give.
- Never compromise your values.
- Respect all forms of life.
- Abstain from overspending, and live within means.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff, or stuff out of your control.
- Make every attempt to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep an open mind.
- Learn something new every day.
- Do not be quick toÂ criticize, be quick to learn the wholeÂ story.
- Help those in need to the best of my ability.
- Listen to what others have to say and learn from their experiences.
- Do not procrastinate.
- Live with no regret.